Monday, August 3, 2009

The Brit Anti-"It" Girl

We all have them but most of us won’t admit it: mini girl-crushes on girls that we just can’t get enough of-- girls that we simply find irresistibly stylish and cool. These are girls that we want as friends, girls we can swap clothes with and gossip with about cute boys.

Alexa Chung is a girl after my own heart; she’s a vegetarian, loves fashion, and has unapologetically mastered the chic-effortless look. It’s hard to know where she gets it; maybe it’s something in her UK blood that gives her that inexplicable edge.

When I first heard of Alexa Chung, I Googled her right away and instantly fell in love with her quirky, distinctive style. I felt as though I had an instant connection with her for several reasons but maybe originally because she is part Chinese as I am…
I’ve enjoyed getting to know her on her show “It’s on with Alexa Chung”. She’s got this quiet heir of confidence about her that may remind you of your very best friend from childhood… Alexa is amazingly down to earth, has an infectious style, and seems so relatable and girl-next-door’esque. She always looks fresh and natural and up-to-date on current trends. She is rarely over accessorized, which I will admit, I am the complete opposite of… but she truly knows how to mix prints, vintage/current designers all together with out looking like a hodgepodge of a mess.
Although she has been quoted as saying “…there’s not much to being an ‘IT’ girl. It’s really quite a depressing title to hold”, she is the total “IT” girl of the moment on my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment