Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Leather Leggings

When I jumped on the leggings bandwagon a couple of years ago, I was delighted to realize I had found yet another look that let me be comfy and fashionably chic all at once. One trend that is back for round 2 this season is leather leggings- debuting last Fall/Winter all over the runways; this season designers have decided to keep the trend alive.

A once known taboo in the fashion world, leather leggings are yet again a hot must-have for Winter ‘09. These puppies will claim a coveted spot as one of my wardrobe staples this season.
You can easily use these sleek slimmys for 2 different distinct looks. 1. Go the casual route: an oversized tunic or tee and some ankle booties for a hip alternative to skinny jeans. OR
2. Bring the sass with a vintage sequined top and a pair of your highest dancing heels-- offering a classy, cutting edge night-out- on-the-town look.


My favorite part about these bad boys is that they fit everyone’s budget! Splurge on these show stopping
Alice + Olivia real deal leather leggings…
SPLURGE
Alice + Oliva $698
STEAL
Juicy Couture $78
Or get the same look with these Juicy leggings for under $80.

Your secret is safe with me! I honestly just scooped up a pair of matte faux American Apparel leather leggings for under 50 bucks. ;-)

Happy shopping girls!

1 comment:

  1. Love leather leggings! I just have to make sure my butt stays covered, definitely can't get away with the Kate Moss look :(

    ReplyDelete